REGISTER NOW for the 2018 National Encampment of the National Society of Sons of Utah Pioneers!
Contact: Harold Shirley 435-586-8442, Kent Hugh 435-704-1805, or Darrell Krueger 435-531-04 68 for more information
- Election announcement of President-Elect, and swearing in.
- Great Speakers!
- Kent Broadbent
- Mary Ellen Edmunds
- Fascinating Tours!
- The Markagunt Plateau, including Cedar Canyon, Duck Creek, Cedar Breaks, Brian Head, and Parowan Canyon. Full-day guided bus tour highlighting history of Cedar Breaks and Utah Parks Lodge, CCC improvements, sawmill & Old Sorrell that made SUU possible, movie set locations, Brian Head, Parowan Cemetery and incomparable scenery.
- Cedar City History Highlights, including Frontier Homestead State Park, Main Street and Rock Church, Old Iron Town, the Iron Mines, the Old Spanish Trail Highlights and the Cedar City Cemetary. This half-day tour highlight the settling of Cedar City: Old Iron Town, the iron mines, the State Park, and the historic Rock Church.
- Parowan - Mother Town of Southern Utah, including the Old Rock Church Museum, the Parowan Historic Cemetery, the Jesse Smith home, the Priddy Meeks cabin, and Heritage Park. This half-day tour visits the Daughters of Utah Pioneers museum in Parowan’s Old Rock Church, the cemetery, and historic homes of this oldest southern Utah town.
- Southern Utah University & Shakespeare Square, including the SUU Museum of Art, the Utah Shakespeare Festival, the SUU campus and Centurium, and statues galore! This half-day tour explores Cedar City's culture, visiting the world-famous Utah Shakespeare Festival and the Southern Utah Museum of Art, SUU’s beautiful campus with southern Utah’s most famous horse Old Sorrell.